Earth Weave Wool Carpet Additional Information
- INSTALLATION: We recommend that the wall to wall carpets be installed by professional installers. For residential installations, installers will normally install the carpet by stretching it and using seam tape. For commercial installations, glue may be used. No, hand sewing is not required with our products. If you have an installer that can sew the seams and you prefer that method, there is nothing wrong with it. It is generally more expensive to sew the seams and that is the main reason we do not suggest it. We suggest that you find a competent installer that has experience with wool carpeting and has access to a low/no VOC seaming tape. Your installer will find that our products install very nicely because they do not have the stiff synthetic fillers in them like all the other products out there. Prices do not include shipping charges or installation. Yarn lot variances occur in natural fiber carpets; therefore, actual merchandise is not guaranteed to match these samples. Natural fiber carpets vary in texture and color. Slight variances in texture and color are normal and do not constitute a manufacturing defect. Due to the natural content of the sample, specifications are subject to nominal manufacturing variances. Supply or manufacturing changes may facilitate product changes without notice. Meets or exceeds methenamine pill test requirements for carpet and area rugs.
- IMPORTANT DELIVERY INFORMATION: Deliveries of wall to wall carpet are by freight company. It is normally easier to deliver wall to wall carpet to the installers business and have them bring it to you when they install it. For residential deliveries, freight companies need to call ahead of time to set up a day and range of time for delivery. With residential addresses, if the freight company arrives without an appointment, you can tell them to come back after they schedule an appointment. Freight companies that deliver flooring do not normally take the carpet off the truck. If it a commercial address with a dock, they will back the truck up to the dock. If it is a residence, they will normally bring it to the curb. Freight companies that deliver carpet are NOT normally able to deliver it to the inside. They normally just deliver to the curb and the customer takes it from the truck to the inside. Sometimes, they will put it on your driveway or in your garage, but it depends on the particular delivery person that delivers it. I'm sorry to say that we are not able to promise that this will happen because it depends entirely on the particular driver, the size of the truck delivering it, and the width of your street and driveway. Please make sure that you have planned to have people there to take the carpet from the curb to the inside ahead of time. Each carpet order is made to order and is custom made. Once it has been shipped, it cannot be canceled. Custom size rugs are prepaid. Most of the rugs are normally shipped by Federal Express Ground. No appointment is made for these deliveries.
- Due to the natural fiber content, specifications are subject to nominal manufacturing variances. Supply or manufacturing changes may facilitate product changes without notice. Yarn lot variances occur in natural fiber carpets; therefore, actual merchandise is not guaranteed to match samples. Natural fiber carpets vary in texture and color. Slight variances in texture and color are normal and do not constitute a manufacturing defect.
- Chemical Sensitivity: While we have many customers that have had a great experience with our carpet, we cannot guarantee nor comment on any individual/client’s reaction. It is up to each individual to decide on their own if our products work for them in their environment. No warranty is made as to individual reactions, physical or otherwise, regarding this carpet and its effects. We recommend that carpet samples are ordered prior to ordering the actual product.
- Resources: There are over 200 chemicals used in conventional carpets. No one has made a serious attempt to determine which of these chemicals is responsible for acute illnesses in certain new carpet owners. Symptoms include fatigue, difficulty breathing, weakness, hair loss, skin rashes, dizziness, depression, loss of memory, confusion, headaches, and burning throats, noses, and eyes. Anderson Laboratories conducted a study of several hundred carpets under carefully controlled conditions. The data demonstrated that certain carpets release toxic (poisonous) chemicals into the air. The mice had the same reactions as the carpet owners: altered nervous system (falling, tremors, paralysis of legs, stupor, and convulsions), irritation to the throat, eyes, and nose, and difficulty breathing. The study can be found in Journal of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine, 1997, Vol. 7, pp. 177-185.
- It is true wool carpets shed a little. This is a factor of them being made from short “staple” fibers. In fact, all staple fiber carpets shed a little. Many synthetics carpets are made from staple fibers. Staple is really anything that is not continuous filament. The only natural fiber that I am aware of that is continuous filament is silk. Of course, silk would not be as durable as wool for use as a carpet fiber. In spite of the shedding that occurs with all staple carpet products, you can be assured that it is minimal and will in no way be noticeable in the appearance or durability of the carpet. You may notice small fibers in your vacuum cleaner if you were to inspect inside the collection bag. This is typical and is no cause for alarm.
- The initially cost more than some synthetic carpets. However, if taken care of properly, then can actually save money, considering they can last over 50 years. Wool is a very durable fiber.
- Can be used over Radiant Heating. We have testing data that shows where carpets are favorably used with radiant floor systems. This is real world testing in an actual room size test chamber. The data validates what we have always known and of course this is great news to our customers that want the comfort/softness of non-toxic wool carpet instead of a hard surface floor covering. Article Here