100% Natural Latex Mattresses
100% Natural Latex
Benefits of 100% Pure Natural Latex: Soft and supportive, helps relieves pressure points, antimicrobial, resists mold and dust mites. Natural latex is a natural renewable material. Biodegradable.
The photo is a pictures of rubber trees (hevea brasiliensis). If you look near the bottom of the trunks, you can see where the latex is tapped.
Synthetic latex is not the same. 100% Pure Natural Latex is inherently hypo-allergenic, anti-microbial and dust mite resistant, making it perfect for allergy sufferers or anyone wanting to breathe fresh, clean air while they sleep. In addition, natural latex is breathable, keeping you warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. Derived from the heven brasiliensis, or the rubber tree, latex is the most naturally durable cushioning material available. So while it might cost a little more initially, in the long run, only latex will provide you with the perfect balance of comfort and support for years to come.
Latex Mattresses FAQ:
- I have allergies, what would be good for me? 100% Pure Natural Latex is inherently hypo-allergenic, anti-microbial, and dust mite resistant, making it perfect for allergy sufferers or anyone wanting to breathe fresh, clean air while they sleep. In addition, natural latex is breathable, keeping you warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. It costs a little more, but in the long run, it will provide you with the perfect balance of comfort and support for years to come. Our latex is in the form of a foam. There have not been any reported cases of allergies to latex foam. People that are allergic to latex, are normally allergic to the type of latex used in making latex gloves. However, if you know that you are allergic to latex, we recommend that you choose a mattress without latex, just to be extra safe.
- What is 100% Pure Natural Latex: Derived from the heven brasiliensis, or the rubber tree, latex is the most naturally durable cushioning material available. Natural latex is made from a milky substance that drips from the rubber tree when the bark is slashed. The process does not hurt the tree. During production, the latex resin is whipped and then baked. The finished product is biodegradable.
- Will it support my back? 100% Pure Natural Latex dynamically conforms to you, providing superior support and pressure relief. By gently conforming to your every contour, latex provides superior back support and outstanding pressure relief. Relieving pressure reduces the tossing and turning that interrupts sleep and brings needed oxygen and nutrients to tired aching muscles.
- Does the Latex Bed contain a spring system? The latex bed does not contain a spring system, it is similar to foam beds, but natural. The bed has a 100% latex core, can be covered with organic cotton and pure grow wool, and has an exterior fabric made of organic cotton. The latex provides good support for your back while still maintaining comfort.
- Natural vs. Synthetic Latex: 100% Pure Natural Latex costs more but is non-toxic. Our natural latex cores have been designed to last at least 20 years. And the standard sized mattresses come with a 10 year manufacture warranty. Natural latex is anti-microbial, dust-mite resistant, and hypo-allergenic.
- Latex Used In Mattresses vs. Latex used in gloves and other products. The latex used to make latex gloves and latex condoms are made of closed cell structure. Having closed cells makes it impossible to wash out the proteins, which some people can be allergic to. The latex used in latex mattresses is a foam with open cells. The latex foam used in our mattresses is washed several times to wash out these proteins.
- What firmness? There are three levels of firmness: Medium, Firm and Extra Firm. The firmness level depends on your preference and needs. If you have a bad back, it is better to have a medium to firm mattress. If you and your partner requires two different firmness levels, that is possible, but would require the bed to be custom made.
- Odors with natural latex? All materials have an odor to them. Unless you are very sensitive to smells, you probably wont notice them in our 100% Pure Natural Latex Mattresses. These odors are out-gassed over time. The out-gasses of the natural materials are all natural, not chemicals. Synthetic material, such as synthetic latex, can out-gas toxic chemicals. All of these materials in the all natural beds result in a bed without any irritants such as sulfur or boric acid. And there are no plastics, polyesters that emit toxic gases.
- What is the exterior fabric made of in your standard prices? Certified organic cotton mattress fabric is used on our mattresses.
- Latex vs. Memory Foam: With 100% Pure Natural Latex Mattresses, the room does not need to be 65 degrees or higher. 100% Pure Natural Latex is also firmer than memory foam and it therefore has less body impressions than memory foam. You usually will not see body impressions in an all natural latex mattress for at least 8 years.
- 100% Pure Natural Latex is naturally conforming to assure optimal orthopedic support in any sleep position. This helps your body alleviate high pressure areas that can cause you to toss and turn at night.
- Main ingredients in the manufacturing of 100% Pure Natural Latex: 1. 90-95% natural rubber, 2-3% zinc oxide, 1-2% fatty acid soaps, 1-2% sulphur, and 1-2% sodium. The last 4 items are necessary in the vulcanization, foaming, and curing process. Most of this is baked out. The finished core is then washed a minimum of 3 times. The finished product is approximately 99% natural rubber.